We are proud to announce that Cumberland County College is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Through the Title V grant, CCC has implemented the program “VÍAS HACIA la GRADUACIÓN” (Las Vias).
The initiative of Las Vias is to increase communication, outreach, and advisement support services to our Hispanic students in order to promote steady connection with advisors, strengthen academic performance, and increase potential to graduate.
Students who are part of the program receive:
- Individualized academic support services – advisement for an Education Success Plan that will guide the path towards graduation
- Academic and career advisement – guidance on how to navigate through college processes and help with decision making regarding academic programs and career exploration
- Financial Aid Advisement – assistance with understanding financial aid processes, financial literacy, and scholarship awareness.
- Transfer services – facilitate graduation processes and transfer counseling
- Special programs – workshops to enhance student knowledge of campus resources and student leadership opportunities
- Be either a first generation college student (parents do not have a bachelor’s degree) and/or low income
- Declare a major leading to an associate degree or academic certificate (guided pathway)
- Make a commitment to graduate within 3 years or less
- Make a commitment to complete required remedial courses within the first year of study
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2017 TAKE THE LEAD SUMMER PROGRAM.
For more information regarding Las Vias, please contact:
|Diana Allende Appel
Bilingual Student Development Advisor
Direct Line: (856) 200-4650
Internal Calls: Ext. 1228
|Iris A. Torres
Bilingual Pathways Coach
Direct Line: (856) 200-4774
Internal Calls: Ext. 1227
PT Pathways Coach
PT Pathways Coach
Title V Research Administrative Specialist
(856) 691-8600, Ext. 1504
|Dr. Maud Fried-Goodnight
Exec. Director, University Center
Title V Project Director
(856) 691-8600, Ext. 1500