General Use and Guidelines1. Students, faculty, staff and community residents are encouraged to use the library. Our primary obligation is to Cumberland County College students. Adult-county residents are limited to checking out two books.
2. Library staff, in order to protect Library holdings, have the right to inspect all book bags, briefcases, handbags and packages of persons who enter the Library as per New Jersey Law.
3. Library patrons caught mutilating Library materials or damaging Library property will be prosecuted.
4. Individuals who engage in any disruptive conduct (i.e. talking loudly, making noise, interfering with anothers use of the Library or interfering with Library personnel's performance of their duties, etc.) will be asked to leave.
5. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult while in the Library.
6. The Library will not be held liable for personal valuables lost, stolen, or left unattended. All items left in the library unattended will be sent to CCC's lost & found located in the College Bookstore.
7. Smoking, food and beverages are NOT allowed in the Library.
8. Health board regulations require that shoes and shirts be worn in the Library.
9. Misuse/abuse of Library furniture, equipment, or facilities will not be tolerated.
10. Animals are not allowed in the Library except those needed to assist a person with a disability.
11. Threatening or physically harming staff or patrons will not be tolerated at any time.
12. Cumberland County College students must identify themselves at the College Library to be categorized for privileges granted by the College Library. This involves proof of registration for each semester.
13. Use of cell phones, camera phones and beepers is prohibited.
14. Young adults under 18 years of age cannot borrow from the College Library.
15. Adult patrons (ages 18) may only borrow books from the College Library collection (limit of two (2) books at a time).