Get Material That The Library Doesn't OwnAn Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is an Item that CCC requests from another Library when we do not own the item (book, video, etc.). This service is only available to CCC students, faculty and staff, who may request up to 5 ILL items at a time. Interlibrary loan materials must be returned to CCC Library only. Please allow a minimum of one week for this service.
Follow the steps below:
To look for an item (book, dvd, etc.) that CCC does not have:
1. Use the Library catalog on the Library website to check to see if one of the Libraries has the item. If a library has the item, it is quicker if you go to that library and get the item yourself. Alternately, you may request up to 2 items be sent to the CCC Library from another library by placing a hold on the item. You may place a holf yourself by logging into your account using your library card # and pin #, or the Library staff may place the hold for you. You will be notified when the items has arrived. (Holds are subject to the other libraries' policies. For example: some libraries do not allow holds on videos and dvds).
2. If you do not find the item in any Library, check to see if another New Jersey Library has the item. Use the JerseyCat catalog on the Library website from the "Research" page. If you find the item, you may request it electronically from the website, or you may bring in a printed copy of the record and submit it to the circulation desk.
3. If you have checked the Catalog and JerseyCat catalogs and haven't found the item, you may place a request for us to get the book from a wider network.
To look for an article in full text:
1. Check the Library's online databases to determine if the journal is in full text.
2. If we don't have the full text in a paper form or in a database, then you can place a request for us to get the article from a wider network.
CCC uses the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) and the New Jersey Union Catalog and Interlibrary Loan System (JerseyCat) to request items through interlibrary loan.
Rev. August 27, 2012