Laptop Lending Policy
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Only current CCC students, faculty and staff with a current Library Card may borrow laptops.
- A valid Library card must be present at the time of checkout.
- Borrowers are required to abide by CCCs Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
Time Limits and Availability
- Laptops can be checked out from the circulation desk.
- Laptops must be used in the Library only.
- Laptops are available on a first come, first serve basis. They may not be reserved in advance.
- Laptops may be renewed once in person unless another borrower is waiting for a laptop.
- Laptops may be borrowed for 2 hours and must be returned 30 minutes before closing. Laptops can not be borrowed overnight.
- Borrowers who do not return laptops will have a hold placed on their Library and Student record.
- Patrons may borrow only one laptop at a time.
Fines and Liability
- The overdue fine is $5.00 per hour. The maximum overdue fine for one day is $55.00. If the laptop is not returned by the end of the day, $5.00 per hour will continue to accrue until the laptop is returned to the library.
- Replacement cost of a lost or stolen laptop will be no less than $1,500.00 plus the accrued overdue fine(s) and a non-refundable $5.40 processing fee.
- Replacement cost of a lost or stolen AC adapter/power cord or any part thereof will be no less than $30.00 and a non-refundable $5.40 processing fee.
- Repair cost for a damaged laptop will be the actual cost of labor and parts and a non-refundable $5.40 processing fee.
- The person who checks out a laptop is responsible if the laptop and/or AC adapter/power cord is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Returning laptops does not relinquish patrons of responsibility for repairs if damaged was incurred while in their possession.
- The CCC Library is not responsible for the loss of any data while using this equipment. All data saved on the laptops hard drive will be erased when the computer is shut down or restarted.
Proper Care and Use
- Laptops are delicate electronic devices and require certain care to ensure proper operation.
- Turn the laptop off and place it in its collapsed or folded position any time that it is to be moved.
- Do not expose the laptop to any magnetic fields that could damage the contents of the hard disk as the laptop contains a magnetic hard disk.
- Do not remove any components from the laptop.
- Do not plug in or unplug an external device unless the computer is turned off.
- Laptops are made available for the pursuit of scholarly activities and research. You may not install your own software or change system settings.
- Laptops may not be used to interfere with or disrupt other users, services or equipment.
- Never leave the laptop unattended for any reason. If you must leave your space, take the laptop and the AC adapter with you. You are responsible for the laptop and damage or replacement fees will be assigned to you.
- Displays of sexually explicit images or sounds where other can see or hear may create a hostile environment and could constitute sexual harassment.
Cumberland County College Library: Laptop Lending Agreement
- To follow Cumberland County College Librarys Laptop Lending guidelines as stated in the Library Laptop Lending Policy.
- To pay full replacement costs or any other accrued costs should the laptop or peripheral devices be returned late, stolen, lost, not returned or damaged.
I have read the entire document and my signature below indicates my agreement with the above statements.
Signature: _____________________________ Date:____________
Print Name: _____________________________
Cumberland County College Library reserves the right to modify its policies and/or procedures at any time without prior notice.