Continuing Education

Grant Funding & Payment Options

Full funding is available for qualified individuals, and we're here to help you through the process. If you don't qualify there are still plenty of payment options available to get you started in your new career.

All classes must be prepaid at the time of registration. Many classes have a limited number of seats, so please register early.

If you have a check, money order or debit/credit card you can pay in person at our office: The Paula J. Ring Education center, 10 Buck Street, Millville, NJ. If you would like to pay over the phone with a debit/credit card, please call at 856-776-2372.

Non-credit classes are not eligible for financial aid, however the college provides several payment options for students, such as:

  • Ready to Work Grant: This grant, provided by the New Jersey Community College Consortium, is designed to help long-term unemployed workers rapidly return to work at No Cost to them. To be eligible you must be a New Jersey resident, unemployed/ underemployed for 6+ months, have a high school diploma/GED or higher, and be a minimum of 18 years old. If you meet the criteria, register at for Ready to Work and once you receive your pre-acceptance letter via email, bring that email into our office and we’ll register you.
  • Displaced Homemakers Grant: A displaced homemaker is defined as an individual who has worked in the home for a number of years and through death, disablement or divorce of a spouse, finds themselves as the primary source of household income for her/himself and/or her/his children. Cumberland County College has received a grant that provides services to displaced homemakers to assist them in transitioning back into the workplace. Call us to find out what services are available for which you may qualify. Call 856-776-2385 and ask for our grant intake coordinator.
  • GI Bill: Students who have served in the military and have saved through the GI Bill can apply those funds to non-credit training. In some cases spouses may also be eligible.
  • MyCAA: The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 (over 2 years) of Financial Assistance for military spouses who are continuing their education by pursuing a license, certification, or Associate degree in a portable career field and occupation. Contact a Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Consultant at 1-800-342-9647.
  • Center for Workforce and Economic Development Grant: There are opportunities for individuals who are recently displaced by reaching out to the Cumberland Workforce and Economic Development Center. The Department of Workforce Development is located in the Cumberland County Center for Workforce & Economic Development on the main Cumberland County College campus. (856) 696-5660, M–F, 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m., except legal holidays
  • FACTS- Pay-as-You-Go:  For classes that cost more than $500, students may finance the cost over the time frame of the class. There is a one-time fee of $25 to use this service.
  • Sallie Mae Career Training Smart Loan: This is a loan from Sallie Mae that you must apply for online. Once approved, bring your approval letter to our office and we’ll register you.

For additional questions, assistance for additional information please contact us at 856-776-2372.