About the University Partnership

The University Partnership at Cumberland County College was created to bring bachelor’s and graduate degrees to the residents of Cumberland County. Under this partnership, many of the finest universities in New Jersey and the surrounding tri-state area universities offer programs to students right on the Cumberland County College campus. The four-year institutions offer all courses required for the completion of the bachelor’s degree programs or the fulfillment of requirements for graduate or certificate programs. Cumberland County College’s University Partnership coordinated the delivery of the degree programs Partner institutions provide the faculty and curriculum.

The University Center building, which opened during the Spring of 2008, houses the University Partnership, the partner’s offices, and classrooms. The University Partnership continues to search for new programs to accommodate the needs of students. Please take a moment to complete the Students Interest Survey to help us identify programs of interest.

Getting Started
Admission, registration, financial aid, and payment for courses/programs offered at Cumberland County College through the University Partnership differ with each partner. Students interested in a specific program should schedule an appointment to meet with the advisor for the program.

To enroll in a University Partnership program, you will need to apply for admission to the main campus of the partner university. The ideal approach for admission to a bachelor's degree program is to complete the first two years of college courses (or an associate's degree) from Cumberland County College. Successful completion of the correct courses greatly simplifies admission to an undergraduate program. The University Partnership recommends that you meet with an advisor from the partner institution you wish to attend during your first two years at Cumberland County College. Academic advisors will assist you in transferring your coursework to the partner institution. Once your application has been accepted, you will become a University Partnership student as well as a student of that university.

Financial Aid
All financial aid and payment for classes is processed through the partner university's main campus. You may be eligible for financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, or loans.
Students are urged to complete the proper paperwork and apply for financial aid completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA form) well in advance to starting classes. Contact the university that you plan to attend if you need assistance with your financial aid application.

Registering for Classes
Registration for University Partnership classes can be processed in various ways. Most partner universities offer registration via mail, fax, on-line, in person, or by telephone.

Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees will be assessed by the institutions in which students are enrolled, not by Cumberland County College. Complete information about payment and refund policies is available from the partnership representatives.